- 13mm Wrench (pole mounting tool)
- TORX T20 Screwdriver (pre-assembly tool)
Before you start
Make sure there is clear line of sight between the locations of the two Centauri devices
- There should be no obstructions between these two points
- No large plants or trees that might become an obstacle during heavy winds
- No sources of excess heat, for example: Air conditioner units, kitchen exhaust vents, or industrial smoke stacks
- The mounting pole should be ideally < 4.0 inches and > 3.0 inches in diameter. and perpendicular to the ground, with a lean of < 3.0 degrees
- Our mounting brackets fits pole diameters of up to 4.0 inches
- For all wired Ethernet connections (management port), use Outdoor-rated, shielded Category 6 (or above) cabling and shielded RJ-45 connectors
- The Ethernet cable and auxiliary power cable (if used) must be installed in a conduit with a nominal diameter of 20mm. We recommend using Adaptaflex PAFS Plastic Flexible Conduit 20mm or a similar matching product.
- The Power over Ethernet (PoE) power supply must support 802.3AT 48V DC, at least 25W output.
Example of Mounting Pole Installation
The photo below illustrates the proper mounting pole installation including a concrete plinth and supports attached to a rooftop retaining wall.
The pole should ideally not be too tall because the longer the pole is from the ground, the higher the tendency to pick up vibrations.
Pole should not be more than 1m in height above the mounting point for the Centauri.