Step-by-step checklist for troubleshooting CENTAURI
- Check if the CENTAURI device has the GREEN signal LED on the device
- There are four LED signal lights on the device - Power, Link, Data and System
- LINK: Solid green: Indicates stable link established between 2 FSO devices
- DATA: Solid green: Indicates stable link established between I/O SFP/SFP+ and switch/router
- Check that the device, PoE and DC Supply (if used) are receiving power.
- Check for physical Line Of Site (LOS) blockages, if the link is intermittent or totally down.
- Check the status of the management port connection (PoE port, with connection to your network switch) to see if connectivity is established.
- If no data is being recorded on the cloud monitoring dashboard this is also an indication that internet service to the management port on the device has been lost.
- Perform re-alignment on devices using Centauri App if Line of Site is compromised (Centauri requires clear LOS in order to establish a reliable link).
For on-site alignment, please make sure the software on CENTAURI is updated to the proper version and that you have reviewed the CENTAURI DMD App User Guide.
If your CENTAURI device is DOA or appears to be faulty -- it won't power up or appears to be physically damaged as a result of poor shipping and handling -- please initiate an RMA request as soon as possible!