Step-by-step checklist for troubleshooting CENTAURI
- Check if the CENTAURI device has the GREEN signal LED on the device
- There are four LED signal lights on the device - Power, Link, Data and System
- LINK: Solid green: Indicates stable link established between 2 FSO devices
- DATA: Solid green: Indicates stable link established between I/O SFP/SFP+ and switch/router
- Check that the device, PoE and DC Supply (if used) are receiving power.
- Check for physical Line Of Site (LOS) blockages, if the link is intermittent or totally down.
- Check the status of the management port connection (PoE port, with connection to your network switch) to see if connectivity is established.
- If no data is being recorded on the cloud monitoring dashboard this is also an indication that internet service to the management port on the device has been lost.
- Perform re-alignment on devices using Centauri App if Line of Site is compromised (Centauri requires clear LOS in order to establish a reliable link).
For on-site alignment, please make sure the deployment app is updated to the latest version. If using Android your device must be running OS version 9 or above with a minimum of 4GB ram.
If your CENTAURI device is DOA or appears to be faulty -- it won't power up or appears to be physically damaged as a result of poor shipping and handling -- please initiate an RMA request as soon as possible!